Glassware Assessment Set of Ten
The Glassware Assessment Set has been developed to facilitate individual student in-class Science practical assessments.
With the utilisation of these sets, students can perform practical Science assessment tasks conveniently at their regular desks, eliminating the need for lab benches.
The incorporation of our Tiny equipment in these sets enhances students' engagement and increases their likelihood of achieving success compared to completing tasks in a group setting.
Conducting individual practical assessment tasks enables a more accurate evaluation of each student's abilities and capabilities.
Our equipment is highly favoured by laboratory technicians due to its compact size, which requires minimal storage space and enables easy transportation to classrooms. Additionally, it allows for a faster setup.
Furthermore, our equipment is environmentally friendly and cost-effective. It significantly reduces chemical usage by an impressive 90% and experiences fewer breakages compared to conventional-sized equipment.
The Set contains:
1. Ten 5ml glass measuring cylinders
2. Twenty 10ml glass beakers
3. Ten 36mm diameter resin plates
4. Ten 0.25ml plastic spoons
5. Ten 100mm stirring rods
6. A quality plastic case fitted with a sturdy foam infill to store all the components.
Some of our other equipment which is perfectly matched to this set includes our portable scales, digital thermometers and tiny ice cube trays.
Some suggested topics which could be assessed:
Years 7 and 8
1. Solubility rate comparisons of a variety of white solids eg sugar, salt, bicarbonate of soda.
2. Density of different irregular shaped objects (incorporating our portable scales)
3. Chromatography using filter paper and food dyes
4. Stoichiometric reaction quantities of sodium bicarbonate and vinegar
5. Temperature and diffusion rates
Years 9 and 10
1. Comparing different properties of different white powdered chemicals in order to identify them eg Salt, Sugar, Bicarbonate of Soda, Barium sulphate, Citric Acid and Borax. Properties to investigate could be solubility, pH, density and/or electrical conductivity.
2. Reaction rates of different concentrations of Hydrochloric acid and magnesium ribbon.
3. Reaction rates using Sodium Thiosulfate and different concentrations of Hydrochloric Acid.
4. Investigating exothermic and endothermic chemical reactions and temperature changes over time (incorporating our digital thermometers)
5. Investigating neutralisation reactions with a variety of indicators and acids and bases.
The container is 350mm by 265mm by 42mm thick.
The Set has a mass of 1kg.
Note: We carry spare replacement parts for all our sets.
Note: One of the photos contains our Digital Thermometer Set, Portable Scales Set and Tiny Ice Cube Trays - these are not included in this product.