Electric Car Set - Includes Solar Panel - STEM
The Electric Car Sets have been designed and made in Australia by Tiny Science Lab.
Chief designer is Jacob Strickling, a Mechanical Engineer by degree who has taught Physics and Science for the past 24 years and now spends his time creating Science practical solutions for schools and home educators.
The Electric Car Sets allow students to investigate electrical circuitry, forces, torque, speed, power, work and Newtons Laws.
The components all readily clip together - no messy soldering or frustrations.
The Electric Car Set does not come with written instructions -
Comes with two worksheets which can be digitally downloaded and two video lessons on our YouTube Channel 'Tiny Science Lab'
The sets are designed for students with some knowledge of electrical circuitry or for students with the guidance of a Science Teacher.
The Electric Car can be driven with only one of the drive motors powered by a single battery pack (this is the the recommended format for the first build)
Students can then attempt to get the second motor powering the car (this is not straight forward and so will need a number of attempts and problem solving).
Under sunny conditions it is possible to power the car with the solar panel.
The solar panel readily powers the motor with the helicopter fan.
There are two worksheets which are digitally downloadable once a purchase is made. One worksheet focuses on the forms of energy, the other on investigations which can be carried out with the car.
As the set includes 2 drive motors, 3 different sized drive wheels, 2 battery packs and a solar power there are a huge number of permutations for car design and exploration.
The Electric Car Sets contain:
1. Sturdy case (34.5cm by 27cm by 4.5cm)
2. High quality foam infill which holds all the pieces in securely in position
3. Timber car chassis with axles and wheel hubs
4. Ten small foam wheels, two medium size and two large size foam wheels
5. Three electric motors (Two drive motors and one motor for the helicopter fan)
6. 6 Volt 0.33Amp (2 Watts) solar panel
7. Two drive belts
8. Drive pulley
9. Slide switch
10. Two times 3 volt battery packs
11. Two light globe bases and 3 globes (1 being a spare)
12. Helicopter fan
13. Two times 3 pin connectors and two times 4 pin connectors
14. Four short connecting wires and two long connecting wires
Note - batteries not included, but solar panel is!